Mathematics for 11+ is an educational software package aimed at testing and evaluating the mathematics skills of primary school students in the Caribbean who are about to take the secondary school entrance examination.
English for 11+ is an educational software package aimed at testing and evaluating the English skills of primary school students in the Caribbean who are about to take the secondary school entrance examination.
We offer the Home Edition for home use which is installed on a single computer. An unlimited number of users can use the program on that computer by setting up multiple user accounts.
The School Edition is used in schools with a client/server environment. The server side of the application will be installed on a central server and there is no limit to the number of simultaneous users. The client side is installed on each machine that students will use to run the program.
- The child logs into the program with a user name and password
- The child may then selects to work a practice set of questions on a specific topic (e.g. Graphs in Mathematics, or Homonyms in English).
The child may also select to work Sample Exams that conform to the 11+ exam structure.
Parents and students are able view progress charts which indicate the scores the child got and the time they took to complete the questions.
- The child works a practice set of ten questions on the selected topic. The questions are categorized into 3 levels of difficulty and the program will randomly select questions based on the child's ability.
- The computer corrects the questions and provides a score as well as some assessment and recommendations (e.g. You got 10 out of 10 correct. You seem to have mastered this skill).
- The student can go back and review their results along with the worked solutions for every question.
- The program monitors the child’s results by keeping track of the scores they receive and adapts to the child’s ability by selecting questions at the appropriate level of difficulty.
Some of the key features of the program are:
- Exhaustive Database - Thousands of questions are stored on the CD and additional questions are available for download.
- Adaptive Learning Technology - The questions are divided into various topics. Each topic contains questions at three levels of complexity. The program tracks your child's success rate in all the topics and selects questions to match their ability. As the child gets better at a particular topic, the program selects more complex questions.
- Progress Reports - the program provides immediate, visual feedback for the child, parents, teachers and interested persons in the form of progress charts. The charts display the success rate and the time taken to complete questions for each topic.
- Hints and Solutions - On request, the program provides hints on how to answer a question. There are worked solutions to each question so the child may compare their answers to the worked solution to determine where they made any mistakes.
- Electronic Scratch Pad - Students can perform their working of the questions on the computer using the electronic scratch pad. There is no longer the need to have additional scratch paper on hand.